I am sharing and speaking from my experience when I applied for DFA Authentication of my COE.
Before going to DFA, you have to notarize your certificate, then go to the RTC.
I went to Manila City Hall RTC to process my COE (Certificate of Employment) and one of my Seminar Certificates since I have to drop-off other documents at DFA NCR West (5/F SM Manila) right after.
Reminder: Apply at the RTC branch where your document was notarized. If you notarized your document at Manila, send your documents at RTC of Manila.
There’s a lot of affidavit–notary right below the Regional Trial Court Manila (RTC Manila), just prepare at least one (1) photocopy of each certificate before going in because each copy costs 2.00 PhP. I was asked for my PRC ID and where it was applied.
Process (45 minutes) & Claim (3 days):
1. Present documents to be notarized (photocopy) at the lawyer’s office and let them create an affidavit.
2. The photocopy will then become attachment/s to that affidavit. They will notarize it. PHP 200/document
3. Go to Manila Regional Trial Court (Rm. 401 Manila City Hall)
4. They have templates for the authentication ready to receive your name (thru typewriters.) PHP 25.00/ document
5. You will then be given a Claim Stub
6. To be passed at Window 4 outside room 401. PHP 75.00/document
7. Go back after three (3) working days.*
*Working days: Mon-Fri, holidays not included.
8. Bring the claimed document to DFA for authentication.
Click here for DFA Authentication Process.