DFA Authentication “Red Ribbon” for COE (Certificate of Employment) and Seminar Certificates

I am sharing and speaking from my experience when I applied for DFA Authentication of my COE.

Before going to DFA, you have to notarize your certificate, then go to the RTC.

I went to Manila City Hall RTC to process my COE (Certificate of Employment) and one of my Seminar Certificates since I have to drop-off other documents at DFA NCR West (5/F SM Manila) right after.

Reminder: Apply at the RTC branch where your document was notarized. If you notarized your document at Manila, send your documents at RTC of Manila.

There’s a lot of affidavit–notary right below the Regional Trial Court Manila (RTC Manila), just prepare at least one (1) photocopy of each certificate before going in because each copy costs 2.00 PhP. I was asked for my PRC ID and where it was applied.

Process (45 minutes) & Claim (3 days):

1. Present documents to be notarized (photocopy) at the lawyer’s office and let them create an affidavit. 

2. The photocopy will then become attachment/s to that affidavit. They will notarize it. PHP 200/document

3. Go to Manila Regional Trial Court (Rm. 401 Manila City Hall)

4. They have templates for the authentication ready to receive your name (thru typewriters.) PHP 25.00/ document

5. You will then be given a Claim Stub

6. To be passed at Window 4 outside room 401. PHP 75.00/document

7. Go back after three (3) working days.*

*Working days: Mon-Fri, holidays not included.

8. Bring the claimed document to DFA for authentication.

Click here for DFA Authentication Process.

69 thoughts on “DFA Authentication “Red Ribbon” for COE (Certificate of Employment) and Seminar Certificates”

  1. Hello ms. Nikki. Okay lang po ba kung sa manila rtc pina-authenticate yung coe pero sa dfa cubao alimall ipapared ribbon? Thank you!!

  2. Hi Niki,

    I am currently abroad and I will be sending a COE and a letter of approval for a leave of absence to my assistant for her visa application sana. As per your post, COE nya lang and kailangan nya dalhin. Is it okay na iemail ko sa kanya yung coe and leave approval then she’ll have it notarized and authenticaticated, kahit hindi ko napirmahan (since I’ll be sending it to her via email). Or will the lawyer, RTC and DFA ask for any authorization or documentation from my side?


    1. Hi Miel, this is a special case that I have not experienced personally. May be you could provide a digital signature on the and attach / prepare a letter explaining for back-up in case they needed your explanation. Hope everything goes smoothly.

  3. Hi Niki, Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. I was also thinking of printing the documents, sign them, scan, then send them to her, and a copy of my government ID.
    And also a separate authorization letter which states that I’m authorizing her to use the COE and leave approval I issued for her visa application.

    Thanks for your fast response!

  4. hi po. nakalagay kasi sa claim stub ko is 2pm to 4pm ang release time. if kinabukasan ko sya kukunin same time pa din ba? or pede kumuha ng docs anytime? thank u

    1. Hi Mae, I think you can get the documents anytime but you should claim it as soon as possible because I think they dispose of the unclaimed documents after a month.

  5. Hi Niki, I was a teacher in Pangasinan and I’m planning to get coe in the school where I taught. Pwede bang sa municipal court ko na (same town where I taught) ipa notarized at ipa authenticate and aking COE?

  6. Hi maam, theres is a DFA already here in Ilocos and my COE is from abroad but i still need it authenticated/redribbon. Can I possibly just do it here in our nearest city hall for the notary then thru our DFA here in Ilocos? Thank you and God bless!

    1. Hi Jeg, I have received a comment similar to your case and one of the replies to that comment from one of the readers says that, from what I understood, you can submit these type of documents for authentication from our country. You can inquire also with the atty. who’s going to notarize your documents regarding this or to Department of Foreign Affairs. Thanks!

  7. Hi niki, I would like to ask, my boss send me a copy of coe tru my gmail so I printed it and notarize by the lawyer. Then, tommorrow I will go in rtc to get a CANA. Is the process takes long to get a cana? And how much does it cost to get a CANA?

    All my papers were scan copy and I printed it. I already have my working visa name hire the only thing is my coe also needs to be authenticated and certified by POLO to get an oec in POEA. By doing authentication in dfa is that already what they mean verified by POLO?

    1. As a response to Mika’s e-mail with the same concern:

      Hi Mika,

      Thanks for visiting the blog post.

      I’m currently in Doha, QA and the process is like what you said. However one of the processes here that I’ve noted is the Authenticated docs from DFA will have to be aunthenticated AGAIN by the Philippine Embassy Doha.

      For the CANA from my experience in Manila City Hall, I was asked to go back after 4 working days and spent 90 PHP/document. This was in 2017.

      Let me know if you have more questions.

      Thanks and good luck!

  8. Hi maam may claim stub po ako for sept 13 since friday po yun pwede ko po ba iclaim nalang sa sept 18 sa sm manila dfa tapos ipa red ribbon ko na din kahit na nag lapse na po yung araw ng claim stub ko, makukuha ko parin po ba yun at mailalakad? From province po kasi ako. Please reply po . Thank you

  9. Hi ms. Niki,sa akin po kasi pinaprocess ng brother-in-law ko yung COE nea for red ribbon. Kung magpapanotarize ako and kukuha ng CANA,need ko pa ba ng authorization letter and IDs ng brother-in-law ko? Thank you.

    1. Hi Vicky, thanks for reading the post.
      Yes, in most cases because they are your papers and you are not there for personal proof, they are going to look for the letter. It’s not hard to prepare an authorization letter anyway, so it’s best you have a ready template and photocopies of your IDs ready.

  10. ung fren ko may representative sya n kumuha ng cana nya.then sa affidavit ung representative n nya ang nakapangalan..nun dinala n ito s,dfa for apostille.nem n po nf representative ang lalabas s apostille..ang tanong ko po kung dadalhin po ba s vietnam embassy ung docs.nya.hindi po ba magkakaproblema ksi hindi lumabas s apostille ang nem nya??

  11. Good day. Yung mga attachments po ba na photocopy na mga COE need dikitan ng documentary stamp? Kasi nagpa affidavit ako then napa CANA ko naman na po pero naka indicate sa CANA na not valid without documentary stamp. Thank you for your response.

  12. Hello Nikita,

    Anong ibig mong sabihin sa reminder sa taas na send your documents at RTC of manila, ano po yung process nun, Sana masagot nyo pa po ako

    “Apply at the RTC branch where your document was notarized. If you notarized your document at Manila, send your documents at RTC of Manila.”

    Thank youu

    1. Hi Yang, after notary, you have to get it authenticated by the RTC in which the notary was made. If sa Manila ang notary, need to go to Manila RTC to authenticate before DFA. Hope it’s clear.

  13. hi po maam pwd po ba mgoanotarize sa Manila city hall kht un COE ko caloocan?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s